It was predictably hard to leave Val on Monday, but we made the best of our evening and morning, after I finished work on Sunday and prior to my departure on Monday. I've been writing in my journal, watched the "Hangover" on the flight to Amsterdam and all my flights, food and rest have been good so far. Had difficulty falling asleep last night, mind was racing so hopefully it won' t be the case tonight.
Slept 1-2 hours on my overnight flight, slept 2-3hours on yesterdays flight here. But managed to enjoy the deserts of Libya, and Sudan two big desert countries and it was sand forever!
I'm going to rest up today, check out the pool. Had a good breakfast, ate my African porridge....some purple type of thing. It was good. I've got everyone's positive energy all bottled up, at which I'll let out little bits at a time until I burst to the summit.
Thank you all for your comments, support and love.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Love,
ReplyDeleteYou're there!!!! yay! Now enjoy yourself and keep your eyes wide open. I can't wait for you to tell all about your journey.
Be safe,
Val
Way to go George... glad you made it safe and sound, Wendy played your songs today and we all spun for you!! You're in our thoughts!!
ReplyDeleteKassy
Glad to hear that you've made it!! Woo hoo!!You'll be more relaxed now that you have "finally" arrived :) Love the news, keep it coming
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you Gubbie! So proud! Keep keeping us posted sir! :)
ReplyDelete