

Have you ever felt like your heart and mind have been in two different places at once? The last couple days I've been achingly home sick, but since I cannot fly back early I've really been able to dedicate most of my mind to my trip. Valerie Leger, you hold my heart in your hands. Be gentle :)
Often I've visited Val's parents and thought, hmmmm, "Is Dan the missing Link?" Have we as humans evolved from Ape's (some more than others) and was Dan the first upright walking primate? Somehow I doubt it, he only walks upright sometimes. Quite certain I saw Dan scratching himself after he fell out of a tree. Hmmm?
I cannot begin to describe how it felt to walk up the Virunga Mountains, bordering the Congo and Uganda (in Rwanda) and describe what my hour with the Gorillas was like. Neither can I really capture how I feel about the 4 hour hike to Diann Fossey's research site, and grave that she shares with dozens of Apes. Notably Digit, her favourite and Titus (Digit's son) who died only two months ago! Tonight we've arrived in Lake Kivu, and saw the sunset over the Congo. Hard to put into words, so I'll do it another day.
I'm coming home on Wednesday, and no I won't be going anywhere else....anytime soon.
Val,


No comments:
Post a Comment