Took a nice stroll through the embassy district in downtown Ottawa yesterday, where I handed the small Filipino secretary at the Kenyan embassy my Visa application. So I should get that back next week and then bring it down the road to the Tanzanian embassy. I'd much rather have the documentation here and IN my passport when I arrive then to deal with the potential greed of customs people over there. I've never been fond of border agents since my days working in the 'States and the hassles I'd received.
Going to Bushtukah with my coupon, see if I can get any more gear for my trip. I have most everything, except for some first aid supplies and I have a good idea where I can get those.
Currently I've lost 48.5lbs since January 2, 2009. So 1.5lbs to go. The weight loss is just numbers, I think my challenge will be more the sustainability of it. I suspect the Mountain climb may just be a little less of a strain, but I didn't do it solely for that. Though it did serve as a good "goal date." Suppose perhaps my next goal will be running 10km next year during the race weekend?
Apart from being excited about the whole trip in general, I am particularly excited to go hiking in Rwanda in search of Mountain Gorilla's, commonly known as Silverbacks. Apparently you can get pretty close to them, and it's a large part of what I planned my trip for. The first time I ever really looked outside Canadian borders was the news coverage of the Rwandan genocide and I took alot of pride in the fact a Canadian General, Romeo Dallaire was leading the UN mission. Like my trip to Oz and New Zealand, I have different reasons for wanting to see all three countries this fall, Tanzania-Kenya-Rwanda.
For a chuckle, check out the movie preview for "Old Dogs" I'd be lucky if I didn't end up like Seth Green (the small red headed guy).
Enjoy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiB1cz6y-8o
.....less than two months away from the trip....
George
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Another representation of how I'm feeling looking towards my trip can be seen at:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ3MSCLBpaM